I guess not so lucky for the teachers, but the kids loved having a day off with dad. We had planned on the zoo, but it was just a little to chilly outside so we went up to the Children’s Discovery Center in SLC. It was ok, but it was nice to be together. Here were a few of the pictures we got.
Spencer thought this pretend gas station was SO COOL! You should have seen the smile he had one when he put the hose in the car.It kind of looked like Abbie’s smile. Isn’t it funny how we’re always so excited as kids to do “adult” things.
Spencer also stacked his own sandwich. But there were just way too many other kids there to be able to run the deli, or the cash registers, etc.
Jessie and Abbie enjoyed sitting on the life-size horse.
And I think Mark’s favorite part was the climbing wall. It didn’t take much to get to the top for him so he tried to get from one end to the other without touching the floor. That was a little more challenging and he only got about 1/2 way across.
I thought that the coolest thing there was the green screen. Here’s Abbie reporting the weather to us. And Mark sitting at the news table ready to report.
Abbie built a tower for us and then Spencer copied it exactly. He was very proud.
The last thing we saw was a life-flight helicopter, but it was a little to chilly out there for me. Mark and Abbie pretended they were parachuters and would jump off the steps to the ground.
When we got back from our outing we had hot chili in the crock pot waiting for us and man did it smell good. Ken’s family joined us for dinner and then Ken and I and his parents went out for our BYU Men’s chorus date.
3 comments:
Fun day!
This looks so fun! We missed you guys this weekend, but hopefully we'll see you all soon!
The Children’s center looks like it was lots of fun! Tell your kids they can do my "adult" things if they want, I'll share!
Karina pretended to take a bite of Spencer's sandwich when she saw the picture. Let him know she said, "yumm, that's good!"
Rock walls are fun; I cannot forget how scared I was when we climbed the one at Bass Pro!
I love the weather reporting, I would like to try that!
Chili sounds good! I love to come home to a crock pot with food in it! Not only does the house smell great but then you don't have to wait for dinner! Plus since all the work was hours before it is kind of like someone else fixing dinner for you! Love it! ~
Hope the date was great! I'm sure it was.
Post a Comment