Saturday, April 10, 2010

Easter and Conference

Conference this year was fabulous!  We were able to watch all the sessions with the kids.  I made up my own conference packet with pictures for the kids to cut out and color etc.  I’ll try to get in ready for the next conference for anyone who would like to use it.  Abbie and I had a most enjoyable time picking out the speakers and their topic and gluing them on her packet.  We also picked out a story she liked from each talk.  Ken did get to play ball with Spencer, but Spencer reassured us several times that it was reverent ball.  Along with all the talks on families I really enjoyed the Easter talks that focused so much on the Savior.

In between conference sessions we had a little Easter Egg hunt in the basement.DSC_0065DSC_0066Jessie has had this funny thing these last couple of weeks…she loves to wear my dresses.  She doesn’t quite fill them out yet even though she’s almost tall enough; so she wears one of her white shirts under them.  So silly!DSC_0071Abbie got to find the last egg.  Hidden in a boot.

We’ve had quite the week of playing games and making faces at the camera.  Settlers of Catan, St. Petersburg, Skip Bo, Uno, and Ticket to Ride.DSC_0074DSC_0075DSC_0076Abbie and I teamed up on this game of St. Petersburg (well she played and I was her adviser).  And she won!  Spencer was the banker…for a while.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

That looks like a fun, family day! I would LOVE to see your conference packet for next time if you don't mind!