Ken was able to take a day and a half off for the kids break, so on Monday Scott and his girls and Grandma and Randy joined us for an afternoon at the Clark Planetarium. One funny thing before we left Ken and the kids were cleaning… the bathroom, vacuuming and folding laundry. Ken told them he’d do whichever of the three jobs that they disliked the most. Guess what they choose…laundry! Wow. I think I’d rather fold a week’s worth of laundry than clean the bathroom.
Anyway, one of the main reasons we went to the Planetarium was to see the new 3-D movie on the Hubble Telescope. And it was AWESOME! One display I thought was cool was the representation of the planets. I just never realized that Saturn and Jupiter was about the same size!
They also have a back drop for the moon and Mars. The one for Mars seriously just looked like Arizona. But here’s some of us on the moon. Do you love the Earth in the background?
Here’s Abbie climbing on Mars.
Do you love Spencer’s soccer shin guards? He wore them most of the day. Silly guy.
Seeing the earth spin with a swinging pendulum.
It was a fun day!
2 comments:
I am totaly with you about the bathroom! I do not clean the bathroom, it is the one thing I insist Michael do!
Everyone looks so cute in their three-D glasses!
I am glad you had fun! All of the pictures look great!
Silly Spencer!
The planetarium looks awesome! Too bad we don't have more time in Utah...
And I love the shinguards. Emma wore hers all day the day of her birthday party, and has worn them on errands several times as well. The only thing that will get her to take them off is when she gets too hot...
Post a Comment