8 years ago
Friday, April 17, 2009
Horses and Snowmen
While Jessie and Mark were vaulting Abbie, Spencer and I enjoyed some cold fresh air, about 5 inches of snow and a little mud while we took a few pictures of the horses down there.
One of my happy partners.
Kind of a fun picture.
Here is Mark practicing his routine for the recital in August. And we finally remembered to find the music before it was time to go. He's using a song from Tarzan. This is the "needle" move. His back leg stills needs to go up a little higher.
And here he is standing.
Since I had the camera out I just snapped a bunch of pictures. This one of Jessie turned out great.
Abbie found a hay cube on the ground and fed it to Major. Do you love how she's on her tippy-toes.
The pear tree in the backyard is just beginning to bloom. YEAH!
Mark and Abbie got yo-yo's at the store today and have been yo-ing all day. Be careful if you come to visit so you don't get hit in the head while they practice. Mark was totally impressed with Ken's yo-yo skills (probably since his mom doesn't have any.)
Abbie practicing.
Yesterday for our second day of spring break we woke up to about 6 inches of snow. We debated whether to try and go sledding, but ended up making snowmen instead. The snow was perfect for it! Jessie, Mark and Abbie got started on this little guy while Spencer and I looked all over for his boots. One ended up being by the back steps and the other under the desk in his room.
Spencer was pretty helpful until he started eating the needed building materials.
Mark and Jessie kind of took over the little snowman and so Abbie wanted to make one of her own. Do you love Spencer following with his treat in the path left by the gathering snow? She and I rolled and rolled this snowball all over the yard. Then she started on the middle and I started rolling the head. It took four of us to lift the middle on. I was afraid we were going to have to call a neighbor to help, but we finally got it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a fun day of horses and snow.
You take such awesome pictures!!!!! I love how you capture the moment so perfectly every time!
Abbie's nose looks a little pink from the cold at the stables! I love little pink noses. Conrad loves to put his cold nose on my cheek!
Love the snowmen!
Post a Comment