Lately Abbie has been scared to go to sleep so she's been sleeping in our bed. Ken will let her listen to "Sunday music" using his head phones. This is how he found her the other night. Aren't they cute when they're sleeping?

Mark was SO excited to get his first bead for his wolf badge!

We all went over to Ken's parents to celebrate Brian's birthday. I can't believe that he's been gone for 5 1/2 years. We all sang and then everyone helped to blow out his candles. He would have been 27! WOW.

After cake and ice cream Spencer took Grandma to the living room to show her how to clap to the song he made up. She was a great student.

While we were there Mark asked Grandpa to show him his
guitar. Then all the kids wanted to see it and we ended up having a good old-fashioned sing-a-long. It was so fun! Ken's dad does such a great job and knows so many fun songs. He had the kids laughing and singing along. I hope his fingers don't hurt for too many days after playing so much.

Randy and Grandma Jennie joined us on Friday for dinner while Ken's parents went to a Jazz game. The previous night at dinner Jessie got us all talking on what our favorite doughnut was and so for dessert Ken wanted to surprise us all. It ended up that Abbie and Spencer and I got the surprise, but it was still fun. So Ken's favorite is a maple bar, mine and Jessie's is a chocolate cake doughnut, Mark's is a glaze and Abbie and Spencer were just happy with whatever. Oh, and Randy got a cinnamon sugar one.
Before they came over I was up at the church with the kids for our quarterly primary activity. We talked about prophets - ancient and modern. First we acted out Daniel in the Lion's Den and then sang three verses of Follow the Prophet. Then we told two stories one about President
Monson and one about President
Uchtdorf. Following the stories we had a dress-up relay in the gym where the kids had to put on a tie, a suit coat and dress shoes to "be like the prophet." The funniest part was watching the little tiny kids running in these huge shoes. At the end we played a matching game with the First Presidency and the Quorum of the 12 pictures and their names. I also had two facts I thought the kids could relate to on each one. They got quite into the game and hopefully it helped them recognize some of the people who spoke the next day in General Conference. We gave them each a packet to take home with things to do while they listened to conference.

On Saturday we did a trial run for
Steph's wedding cake. I tried out a marshmallow fondant which was interesting. The real cake will have three layers and each layer will be about twice as high as it is here. It should be fun, I think.....

1 comment:
I love to see the sweet faces of children sleeping! I love taking pictures to help the moment last forever!
The Cake was AWSOME! Good job!
Post a Comment