We took the kids up to Thanksgiving Point for FHE during the tulip festival. I made some Spicy Rice Skillet and got dry ice for the apple juice to make us a fun picnic that we ate out on the lawn once we got there. Jessie was our picture fanatic on this trip unfortunately I forgot to change some of the settings on the camera before I shared with her so most of the pictures she took tuned out fuzzy. Sometimes I need to remember that auto is best.
Here are a few pictures to enjoy. Ken took this one of Mark and I chillin’.
This is the kids rolling down the hill at the ampetheater. They found several fun hills to roll down on this trip. The kids also had a couple of races down the hill and back and then Abbie challenged Ken to a race. Being way taller than her, I was a little bit afraid Ken would go head first down the hill.
Spencer loved checking the map to see where we were, and he was pretty stinking good at getting it right.
I wanted to get a picture of just Ken and I. Mark volunteered to be our photographer. Here’s the first picture…. lovely guests in the background.
And here’s the second….it looks like we’re in a barren wasteland in the middle of a winter thaw, not at the tulip festival where there is green grass and flowers galore.
The kids love the secret garden there!!
Since Spencer got to ride on dad’s shoulders, Mark offered Abbie a ride and boy did they have fun. I’m glad we got to spend a fun evening together.
At Cub Scout Pack Night (I didn’t go I took a nap), they had a wheel-barrel race….can you find Spencer?? (look for the red hat) Ken and Mark are partners; Abbie is in the pink jacket towards the front right.
Spencer’s partner getting “in trouble” from his mom for cheating….
2 comments:
I sounds like you had so much fun at Thanksgiving Point! All of the pictures are so cute! I love the one of Spencer reading the map with his little toung sticking out while he is thinking! How Cute!
It looks like everyone else had fun while you were naping. I love it!
We love the secret garden, too, I want one...when we have a little bigger yard anyway. That picture of Spencer cheating, is perfect! It's not often you can time it so the facial expressions tell the whole story!
Post a Comment