Here’s a little picture that hopefully you’ll see in The Friend magazine that Abbie drew and we sent in. I think the little hat is so fun.For decoration in the kindergarten rooms all the kids got to decorate umbrellas to cut out and hang up. We had so much fun with the Q-tip painting that we did a little more.
Abbie and Spencer decided that our family needed a band for the next FHE, so they set up a little practice session before school.
Our grape arbor that we put up shortly after we moved into this house finally collapsed this winter. We took the grapes out several summers ago, but just hadn’t gotten around to doing anything with the trellis. Abbie was Ken’s big helper to cut the posts into firewood lengths. But she was not a fan of the LOUD!
After the wood was all cut Abbie and Spencer wanted a job to earn money like the big kids, so Ken told them if they restacked the wood in the chicken yard that he’d pay them. They were such happy workers…although it’s a good thing Spencer had Abbie or he would’ve given up after just a few armloads. When we paid them they were most excited about paying tithing! (YEAH!!)
So if anyone needs some wood for a cookout, it’s free for the taking, just give me a call.
Spencer hates going shopping, but he is usually pretty patient, so when we were down at Macey’s and he saw this little Christmas Cactus we splurged and got it. The blooms lasted for almost a week and now we just need to transplant it into it’s own little pot. It was funny how quick Spencer was to let everyone know that it was his cactus.The weather has been crazy here in the high 70’s and then back to the low 50’s, but that’s what makes spring fun, right? On this day Abbie and Spencer took a bunch of books and stuff out the little wagon and pretended they were at a restaurant reading through the menu. Just like mom and dad going out on a date. Although I’m sure glad I don’t have to sit in a tiny wagon on my dates.
Abbie wanted to make a card a couple weeks ago and this is what we came up with. I just think it’s so cute that whenever it is that I get around to another stamp day we’re going to make this one too. But she couldn’t decide which way the card should go, so we had to take a picture of it both ways.
1 comment:
I was so happy to log on today and see that you had a new post! I love seeing the pictures of the kids and reading about the things you all have been up to!
We will keep a look out for Addie's picture in The Friend, that would be so fun to see!
It is good to have happy helpers! They did a great job stacking the wood, good job!
Spencer's little Christmas cactus is cute. When I see them it reminds me of the one's Grandpa Kissling used to have in his living room.
I hope that Spencer and Abbie ordered something yummy! I miss yummy food.
Wow, Abbie! That is a very cute card. You did a great job!
Post a Comment