Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Let them eat cake…with chopsticks!

Mark was so excited for this gift from Aunt Heather’s family!  And now that’s what each of my kids want for their birthdays too.DSC_0012We went to SLC twice in one day…one for Ken’s meetings and once for a birthday celebration for Grandma at Aunt Carol’s. DSC_0016 As it turns out we sang for Grandma, Ken and Uncle Ralph.  They had a few helpers with the candles.DSC_0029We also celebrated Ken’s birthday here with pie.  Mark and Jessie really wanted to do something special for him (like kids always do). And so they were the chefs for the evening and made pie for him (with just a little help), two pumpkin and an apple with crumb topping.  They did a super job and we had a lot of fun together.  Abbie also made dad a ball picture from Word World, where everything is made out of the letters it takes to spell that thing.  In conjunction with his birthday Ken and I went on a date with his parents to the BYU Men’s Chorus – so fun!DSC_0040Later that night Ken honored the kids and let them stay up late and they played Uno together.  (I can’t remember what I was doing!)DSC_0055For FHE the next night Spencer was talent.  He loves to play the bongos while I play Send in the Clowns on the piano.  And he’s heard it enough that he crescendos and such in all the right places.  It’s quite entertaining.  Mark took these somewhat out of focus pictures during his performance.DSC_0057DSC_0065DSC_0066

1 comment:

hwg2g2 said...

I am so glad They liked the chop sticks! Now NO ONE STEAL MY GREAT GIFT IDEA! thanks.
That is so neat that you get to spend so much time with Dad's family! I miss G&G Woodward. I hope everyone had a good celebration!~
Staying up late to play a game with parents is a great reward/treat! I also liek to use it with Conrad.
Spencer is so cute with the bongos! We'll have to have him play the next time we are in town.