I had big plans for Fall Break…but I’m a procrastinator….so instead of an adventure at Zions National Park or some other cool place Ken came to my rescue and planned out a fun weekend for us. Here’s some, ok – a lot, of pictures of our hike up Battle Creek in Pleasant Grove.
But before we left the kids were all trying to find their sunglasses and they found a pair for Neil too. They thought he was so cute.
Spencer had been wearing his cape all morning and wanted to keep it on for the hike. Which was kind of fun because he made everyone that passed us smile. Here he goes with his billowing cape up the trail. It got a lot more pretty than this gravel walkway (thank goodness).
The kids wanted Neil to wear his sunglasses too.
The first waterfall. The trail got prettier after this point.
Jessie and Mark were cold and Ken was kind enough to share his jacket with the both of them. It was harder walking stuck to each other than they thought.
At the second waterfall.
We hadn’t been hiking for very long and decided to carry on and found the next set of waterfalls down a steep embankment.
Here’s Mark up at the top of these waterfalls.
The trail keeps going and there are two more little waterfalls. It satisfied my outdoors desire. Neil was “starving” by the time we got back to the van and so we went over to a little picnic area at the beginning of the trial to feed him. While we were waited the kids collected leaves and rocks and were generally silly.
We finished out outing with lunch at Olive Garden. What a nice day.
3 comments:
Julie! I grew up right down the street from Kiwanis Park and the Battle Creek trail head! My brother and I practically spent every summer at those water falls! I haven't been up there in a long time and it was so cool to see you pictures, that is so neat you brought your family there! I love reading your blog!
What a fun thing to do in the fall. The leaves are so pretty, I just love it.
Ken is a keeper! It is fun for him to plan stuff too I bet!
Neil does look so cute in his glasses! Love the cape! I would have let him wear it too~! What fun is a cape if you cannot wear it out!?All of the water fall pictures turned out beautiful! I'm glad I'm not a Siamese twin! I bet Mark and Jessie were too after trying to walk in the jacket together! So cute!
The leaves are so pretty!
We also love the Olive Garden, Michael is planning on taking me for a lunch date on Wednesday! I am so looking forward to it!
Glad you had such a great fun day! Here's to fun family hikes!
Post a Comment